P.A.L.S. can assist cancer patients at any stage of their diagnosis. Please reach out early in your recovery to see how P.A.L.S. can help you.
P.A.L.S. has been caring for the cancer patients of Bermuda in their homes since 1980. We never charge a patient or their family for our services. We receive no government funding and rely solely on fundraising and donations.
Our Clinical Team is here to support you! Please have your doctor refer you to P.A.L.S. and let us help you on your journey.
What can P.A.L.S. do for you?
- Collaborate and advocate with doctors and other health care providers.
- Assess and manage physical symptoms related to cancer treatment including fatigue, nausea, pain management, nutrition, dressing changes and medication management.
- Provide financial assistance for travel expenses (airfare and hotel) associated with overseas medical treatment.
- Provide emotional support and counseling services to patients and their families through our full-time Medical Social Worker and community partners.
- Educate patients and families on improving quality of life and wellness during treatment as well as provide palliative, end-of-life care in the home in keeping when and if the time approaches and in accordance with the patient’s wishes.
- Provide transportation to medical appointments when a patient has no other means of transport.
- Provide equipment, food supplements and other home health care items.
- Refer patients to other agencies for additional support such as the Department of Financial Assistance, Department of Health – Community Nursing Service, Meals On Wheels, and Solstice.